Hi. I am a Londoner living in Florence. I am soon to be married, back in the UK, but I am having my Hen Weekend out here. I have been searching high and low all over town and the surrounding countryside for what to do. It has not been easy, and seems a shame to waste the effort, so I am here to share it with you.

sabato 19 aprile 2008

Hen Weekend - Somewhere to stay

The important thing (I think) about your accommodation in Florence is location, where is it in relation to everything else you want to do.

There are so many places to stay in Florence itself and the surrounding area that it all comes down to location and budget. The center of town is very easy to walk around, but further out and you will get fed up with walking or trying to squeeze everyone onto a bus. The pavements in Florence are wide enough for a small dog, but not that conducive to groups of girls all chatting and eating ice-cream! If you can afford to then find a hotel in the central pedestrian zone.

I suggest that as you search you try checking the location of your potential accommodation on this map I have created. The idea is to indicate what different parts of the city are like so you know what to expect from the environment of your accommodation.

City Map: Right Click on the link and open in a new window, so you can keep reading here......
I recommend you make sure your accommodation is in the Central or South East quarter of the city. This means everything is in walking distance, and you are away from the overly busy/or particularly grubby areas.



Out of Town: I haven't created a map of the surrounding area of Florence, too huge. If you are getting accommodation out of town, don't forget to bear in mind how you are going to get into town. Parking and road restrictions make driving a hire car into the center is a bit of a headache. There is public transport, but it is not particularly frequent, and may not go to where you hotel is. The hotel/residence may be able to organize transfers into town for you, check before you book what the prices are, and how many people they can take at one time.

Nessun commento: