Hi. I am a Londoner living in Florence. I am soon to be married, back in the UK, but I am having my Hen Weekend out here. I have been searching high and low all over town and the surrounding countryside for what to do. It has not been easy, and seems a shame to waste the effort, so I am here to share it with you.

venerdì 25 aprile 2008

HEN WEEKEND - DANCING

DANCING

Arggghhh... obviously not as young as I had imagined...

After last nights adventure into the Florentine dancing sceen, reports are not good. A group of friends had arranged an evening out, here is the subsequent review.

TWICE: Great if you are under 25, like to be surrounded by awkward boys sporting the latest in silly jeans and 'fashion hair'. Also great if you have money to BURN on drinks (my mini bottle of coke cost 10 Euro....it was aperitivo time...but still ....a coke is a coke whatever time of day it is). The music was OK, but the DJ can't spin for toffee.

By half past midnight, it had become unbearable, and bed began its soft call.......What was amazing, but not surprising was the queue of youth outside the door waiting to take my place......there is no accounting for taste in our teen years!

MONTE CARLA: Near Ponte alle Grazie, south side. This place doesn't get going until after 1am......and it has a naughty reputation.....I used to go years and years back....and if only I could stay up that long I would return.... perhaps next week

GLAMOUR: Near the Uffizi Gallery. I am planning to go there too, this has been recommended to me by some Italian girl friends, so that is quite a good start.....

Nessun commento: